I have been so overwhelmed with this election–the comments of each candidate, my own governor telling Mike Huckabee to get out, Ron Paul staying in because he is, um…uh…delusional? Anyway, a friend of mine sent me an email about the 80’s that is too funny so I thought we should all take a break from the serious here and now and reflect back–back on a time when neon was a good color, when you could still buy an LP because the CD didn’t come out for another 6 months, a time when Don Johnson was cool and Doogie Howser wasn’t gay, a time when Ricky Schroeder was still “Ricky” and a prime-time hit was “The A-Team” a time when Duran Duran couldn’t stay off the charts and Kajagoogoo was actually the name of a band.
You know you are from the 80’s if:
1. You ever ended a sentence with the word “SIKE.”
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton.
3. You know that “WHOA!” comes from Joey on a very special Blossom.
4. You have ever watched “Fraggle Rock” and you know what “TMNT” means.
5. You wore a pony tail on the side of your head.
6. You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in Computer class.
7. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets–and were proud of it–like so proud.
8. You know the profound meaning of “Wax on, Wax off” (is there any other meaning?)
9. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off, his cheeks shifted and he became white.
10. And you can remember great music by Herbie Hancock, Chaka Khan and Tina Turner.
Oh wait a minute–these three were all on the Grammy’s the other night–my bad, I was so like thinking like they were from the 80’s but it was so rad that they were on the Grammy’s this year. It was tripindicular really.