Sheila Jackson Lee-A Portrait of Stupidity
Well, I must confess, that living in Houston I am saddled with being at least indirectly connected to this wonder of modern congressional idiocy. Ms. Lee has consistently made herself into an icon for the inane, a model for socialist government and a defender of everything that is NOT freedom.
Today she may have topped herself yet again. But before we examine her recent move–let’s take a look back at some of her more memorable moments in modern history. Ms. Lee became a congresswoman in 1995. Prior to that she had 3 unsuccessful attempts at running for judge in Harris County and finally became a Municipal Judge from 1987-1990. Yes a traffic court judge!
Then while sitting on the Houston City Council from 1989-1994 she ran for Congress and has been there ever since.
Amazing stuff about Ms. Lee:
1. She Voluteered to Be and Advocate for Elian Gonzalez’s Father: Remember this photo:
Way to go Shelia! You really kicked that poor little boy’s butt.
2. She Got Herself Essentially Banned From Continental Airlines: Yes for demanding first class on every trip and screaming at airline attendants when they didn’t have the food option she wanted–that got a staffer to quit and got the airline to “suggest” she fly Delta. I personally know that she doesn’t fly continental much anymore as I sat next to her on a Southwest Airlines flight about 4 years ago. In her defense, she was pleasant to talk to–(hillariously, we were delayed on the tarmac for 2 hours and she was not too thrilled with that I can tell you).
3. She Believes that Hurricanes Should Have More African-American Names: Back in 2003, Ms. Lee was upset that names like Keisha, Jamal and Deshawn were not used to name hurricanes. She stated, “All racial groups should be represented.” This is important stuff people. Why, if the Government doesn’t step in and stop this we will end up with all of these “lily-white” hurricane names-and that is simply unfair. I for one know that my daughter Allison is very excited that her name is associated with one of the most devastating tropical storms to hit Houston in modern history–taking numerous lives and costing billions of dollars in repairs. She is THRILLED with that. (what a monor)
And now…(there are many more–but I don’t want to bore you)-her latest decision is that the United States Congress needs to investigate the Harris County Justice System for civil rights violations and inequalities in the system. This following the Joe Horn grand jury decision last week. “With the enormous fractures in the system, until we take a broom and sweep it out, there won’t be evenhanded justice,” she said.
So, I guess the roles of Congress are:
1. Pass laws
2. Spend OUR money
3. Shape Foreign Policy
4. Investigate local Justice systems to see of they are running properly.
oh and also
5. Investigate steroid use in Baseball.
Ms. Lee’s comments highlight a much bigger looming problem with our government–the fact that it is becoming more and more powerful. Remember a democracy is power in the hands of the people–not the few dictators we have elected. It is NOT the role of the United States Governement to investigate the BP plant explosion (another of her great suggestions), or to steal profits away from the oil industry just because it sounds good or to investigate the Grand Jury system in one County in Texas.
But see–Ms. Lee doesn’t understand Texans–because, frankly she isn’t one. See Texas was a Republic–it was its own Country–and by God-it wants to be one again. It is nothing short of Anti-Texas to suggest that the US Government come in and do anything. But of course, Ms. Lee was born somewhere else–Ms. Lee doesn’t understand Texas’ struggle for independence, she doesn’t understand Texans desire to own their own land and be their own person, because Ms. Lee was born…
QUEENS, NEW YORK!!!
“Get a rope.”
-MurphyCurrent Events, Democrats, election, funny, Government, Humor, Law, Life, News, Politics, Shelia Jackson Lee, Socialism, Thoughts on the World
This entry was posted on July 7, 2008 at 10:02 pm and is filed under Current Events, Democrats, election, funny, Government, Humor, Law, Life, News, Politics, Shelia Jackson Lee, Socialism, Thoughts on the World. You can subscribe via RSS 2.0 feed to this post's comments. You can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.