Susan Sarandon To Move if McCain Elected–I’m More Energized Than Ever.
I’ve said for a while now that the Republican party needs some real motivation to get out and vote for John McCain this fall. I realize that he is not as conservative as many of us would like. I realize that he isn’t as charming as we might like. He doesn’t have enough faith to satifsfy the “Christian Right” nor enough Nationalism to satisfy the “Send the Illegals Home” crowd. But he is WORLDS better than either of the other 2 choices currently campaigning. Why? Becuase he understands the mission in Iraq and our fight against terrorism, he doesn’t believe that over-taxing the wealthy is a way to solve the Country’s economic problems, he is not a socialist, he is not a communist, he is not a racist or a bigot or a divisive anti-American pile of sludge–he is therefore, much better than the other choice(s).
But today–all the motivation we need has been given to us courtesy of Susan Sarandon. She has stated that if John McCain is elected she will move to Italy (which has tax rates that would make you cry) or Canada (hope you don’t get sick there–oh yeah, I forgot, you have enough money to pay a doctor directly and jump ahead of those plebian Canadians who are waiting in line to have their kidney replaced).
So, Republicans–LET’S GET OUT THERE AND VOTE! What more motivation do you need than to get this anti-American liberal out of our Country? I’m so thankful that she has offered up this sacrifice. It almost makes me wish I had seen Thelma and Louise.
Here are some of her famous quotes that we have had to endure:
1. “Do you really have to be the ice queen intellectual or the slut whore? Isn’t there some way to be both?”
No, I think you haven’t quite made it to ice queen intellectual yet.
2. “I look forward to being older, when what you look like becomes less and less an issue and what you are is the point.”
Sounds like something an ugly person would say. Um, Susan…don’t you get Hollywood yet?
3. “We stand a chance of getting a president who has probably killed more people before he gets into office than any president in the history of the United States.” (referring to Bush as Gov. of Texas allowing executions to go forward)
Yes, Susan, that’s the way it works down har in Texas! Shoot, we get our gov’nor to fill up the shot and stick it in the murdering punk himself. Wild west justice–yee haw!!! (what a monor)
4. ” I was told I had an overabundance of original sin.”
Well good, that ought to take you far in life.
5. “It’s still not easy to find roles that offer more complex images of women,”
So I guess that explains why you took on the role of Mom Racer. That is an extremely complex role.
5 seems like enough–but what the heck, it’s Friday…
6. “I’ve always had a really developed sense of justice. As a child, I would rotate my dolls’ dresses for fear that they might come alive at midnight and one of them would always have the best dress on. Whatever it was that made me worry about my dolls I suppose has paid off in my career because, really, an actor is all about empathy and imagination. And those are the cornerstones of activism.”
Say what? This parallell is about as perpindicular as it could be. (See I can talk nonsense too)
7. “It will be great when it’s not such a big deal when a woman gets a good job.”
Susan–what decade are you living in? I guess the millions you make just isn’t very satisfying. You might want to look at statistics on working women–it’s not the same as the character you portrayed in Speed Racer.
Well, There are more–some about Hillary Clinton, some about her bedroom, but I think you get the flavor of it from these.
Well Susan, all I can say is come November I hope you have the courage to open up your wallet, hop on a big carbon-emitting plane and never return. Arrivederci!