TOP 10 OBAMA AND HILLARY LIES!
I’ve missed blogging this week. I’ve had to work hard again so that I can continue to make money for the government. Especially this time of year when I get to pay taxes from last year and the first quarter taxes for this year all on the same day. I guess its rice and beans for the next month.
So, there has been a lot of talk about lying the last few days. If Letterman would have a TOP 10 list for Hillary and Obama, I think it would look like this:
TOP 10 LIES TOLD BY BARACK OBAMA:
10. “I am African American.” (See post by Laurie Kendrick)
9. “I did not personally hear Rev. Wright’s speech.” (But then later he said he did–is he John Kerry?)
8. “I do not support terrorism” (what about the Weather Underground and William Ayers?)
7. “That Questionaire is not mine…well its my signature, but….” (okay-playing the conspiracy card a little early aren’t we?)
6. “I am patriotic.” (see previous posts by Me)
5. “I support opportunity and growth.” (but recently said that raising the capital gains tax from 15% to 20 or even 25% really won’t have much impact on Americans. Really? ha ha ha ha ha)
4. “I have the experience necessary to lead this Country.” (community leader? lawyer? thanks for the compliment Obama–I’m both as well–but probably not fit to lead the US–you go right ahead and try)
3. “I want to unite all of us.” (“But don’t forget my grandmother is scared of black people”)
2. “My father was brought here to learn by Kennedy.” (actually, his father came over as part of a program that the Kennedy’s contributed to–at a later time-nice try dude)
AND THE NUMBER 1 LIE OF BARACK OBAMA:
1. “I AM NOT A LIBERAL.” (That actually may be true as his ideas tend to lean more to socialism than liberalism)
TOP 10 LIES OF HILLARY CLINTON:
10. “I wear a size 6 pants.” (seriously)
9. “I was nearly shot in Serbia” (while being greeted by security and supporters and a freaking parade)
8. “I was named after Sir Edmund Hilary” (the man who climbed Mt. Everest–problem is, he did that 5 years after she was born–ha ha ha)
7. “Chelsea was jogging toward the towers on 9/11” (in a later interview Chelsea said she was in bed asleep on the other side of town when they were hit)
6. “I’m not some little woman standing by her man like Tammy Wynette” (wow! sure seems that way)
5. “When I was young I played pickup basketball” ( I so wish I could photoshop something for this–UPDATE: last week she declared that the 10-22 Michigan Wolverines should be the NCAA Champions-wha?)
4. “I am an avid duck-hunter.” (she actually said this to some upstate New Yorkers–good try to get the NRA–but sorry Hillary, they hate your ever-lovin’ guts)
3. “When I lived in Chicago I was a Yankees’ Fan.” (whatever)
2. “I learned how to make money in the futures market from the Wall Street Journal.” (actually the Journal didn’t cover the futures market when she “made” her money in it.)
AND THE NUMBER 1 LIE OF HILLARY CLINTON:
1. “I WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN THE IRISH PEACE PROCESS.” (see previous post)
So with all of this lying going on–what is the message we are to glean from it all? Is it simply okay to lie? Should we use that as a method of getting ahead? You say–I’m not a liar! Let’s see:
DO YOU EVER…
Do you ever . . . ?
– pretend to be some thing, or some one other than who and what you really are?
– smile, while hiding your true feelings about people, activities, or situations?
– say one thing while thinking something different or totally opposite?
– answer questions according to what you think the other person wants to hear, rather than the truth?
– express agreement just to avoid an argument?
– make promises which you do not intend to keep?
– say one thing aloud, while silently qualifying your statement to yourself?
– use an excuse to qualify a previous untrue statement?
– withhold certain facts and overemphasize others to lead your listener to your desired conclusion?
– omit the positive and emphasize the negative in order to obtain sympathy for yourself?
– pretend to “forget” or pretend to have “misunderstood” when it suits your purposes?
– blame others for your problems or mistakes?
– say anything other than what you are thinking out of fear of the consequences?
– use evasive answers to avoid telling the truth?
– accept only those who agree with you as having the truth?
– allege a noble reason for fulfilling a selfish desire?
– use unrevealed exaggeration to get or hold the attention of others?
– claim to want the truth when you truly want anything else?
– claim to be offended by liars and by lying, and yet you lie to others?
– condemn the lying of others, but relabel your lies with softer sounding names?
– accept and reject lies from others as it suits your personal interests?
– pretend that a lie is the truth merely because you want it to be the truth?
– hear only what you want to hear and ignore the rest?
– claim that an untruth is “for their own good”?
– claim that “the truth will do more harm than good”?
– place others in a position of having to choose whether to lie in order to spare your feelings?
– tell yourself that if it concerns something unimportant, then the truth doesn’t matter?
– tell yourself that as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone, the truth doesn’t matter?
– tell yourself or others that some lies (xmas, easter bunny, social flattery) are better than the truth?
– practice denial?
– say anything other than the truth in order to manipulate others?
– pay insincere compliments in order to appear friendly?
– withhold critical information in order to appear more desirable?
– use unrevealed exaggeration to enhance your reputation?
Okay–I could go on and on–if you answered “yes” to any of these–congrats–you are a liar! So therefore, we should not be so harsh on poor little Obama and Hillary right?
WRONG–there is a huge difference in excusing the lies of others and excusing the lies of someone who wants to lead the greatest Nation in the World. Leaders are people that others follow. Therefore, the single most powerful leader of this World must have integrity, honesty, compassion, determination, steadfastness, diligence, honor, self-sacrifice, boldness, and greatness. None of these words are used to define a liar. Higher standard? You Bet!
-MurphyCurrent Events, Democrats, election, funny, Government, Hillary, Hillary Clinton, Life, Obama, Politics, Satire, Thoughts on the World