John Edwards is Simply a Communist. Stalin Would Be Proud.
I apologize, but I’m starting off this week mad. First news article I read sent me screaming for the hills. If the voters of this Country elect John Edwards as President or elect “blank” with John as Vice-President then it is truly time to open up the book of Revelation and get ready for the end. In his latest speech, Senator Edwards detailed numerous plans he has to essentially take over nearly ever aspect of our lives.
John Edwards says if he’s elected president, he’ll institute a New Deal-like suite of programs to fight poverty and stem growing wealth disparity. To do it, he said, he’ll ask many Americans to make sacrifices, like paying higher taxes.
Edwards, a former Democratic senator from North Carolina, says the federal government should underwrite universal pre-kindergarten, create matching savings accounts for low-income people, mandate a minimum wage of $9.50 and provide a million new Section 8 housing vouchers for the poor. He also pledged to start a government-funded public higher education program called “College for Everyone.”
“It is central to what I want to do as president to do something about economic inequality. I do not believe it is okay for the United States of America to have 37 million people living in poverty,” he said in a meeting with Monitor reporters and editors this week. “And I think we need, desperately need, a president who will say that to America and call on Americans to show their character.”
At every stop, Edwards said, he tells voters he’ll ask them to sacrifice. Asked to describe what he means, he described his plan for increases in capital gains taxes, saying taxes on “wealth income” should be in line with those on work income.
“I think if we want to fund the things that I think are important to share in prosperity, then people who have done well in this country, including me, have more of a responsibility to give back,” he said. Later, he added: “There are no free meals.”
What am I missing here? “Share in prosperity?” How about letting those who prosper decide what to do with their prosperity since after all—THEY EARNED IT!!!!!
A review of some famous C0mmunist leaders is certainly appropriate at this juncture. Let’s see–what about that famous handsome young Joseph Stalin. Remember him–he single handedly destroyed the Russian economy and killed millions of his own citizens in the process. He began his ‘reign’ by condemning the kulaks, or land owning peasants that had become wealthy. He claimed that they were not putting the Soviet Union as their first priority and not providing industry workers with enough food. Stalin forced the people to set up collective farms that were owned by the government. 5 million kulaks and farmers were exiled because they were too wealthy, objected, or refused to farm collectively.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? National Health care, taxes on the wealthy, sharing in prosperity, the need to do something about “economic inequality.” News flash Mr. Plaintiff Attorney–economic inequality exists because some people earn more than others because of their education or their work ethic or their brain power or the dot com boom. In any event that money belongs to
the Government–no, I’m sorry to THEM. Stalin was known for saying “A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.” Nice guy, but I’m guessing Senator Edwards has read this quote while sitting in his Italian Leather chairs in the middle of his library in his GIANT house.
Let me state this more clearly. Here are some highlights of a famous book that seems to echo many of John Edwards’ ideas:
- Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
- A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
- Abolition of all right of inheritance.
- Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
- Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
- Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
- Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
- Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
- Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.
- Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.
These are the 10 Planks of the “Communist Manifesto” written by Karl Marx. Actually, if you look at a young picture of Karl, he kind of looks like John Edwards with a beard.
If the polls shift his way, I suggest buying stock in whatever company makes flags that look like this: