Who Needs Parents If We Have Hillary Clinton?
Today it was reported that Senator Clinton thinks it would be a “good idea” for the government to hand out $5K bonds to every baby born in the United States. See Story:
WASHINGTON (AP) – Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton said Friday that every child born in the United States should get a $5,000 “baby bond” from the government to help pay for future costs of college or buying a home. Clinton, her party’s front-runner in the 2008 race, made the suggestion during a forum hosted by the Congressional Black Caucus. “I like the idea of giving every baby born in America a $5,000 account that will grow over time, so that when that young person turns 18 if they have finished high school they will be able to access it to go to college or maybe they will be able to make that downpayment on their first home,” she said. The New York senator did not offer any estimate of the total cost of such a program or how she would pay for it. Approximately 4 million babies are born each year in the United States.
So, based on what she said would a person have to graduate high school to get the money? What happens if the child dies before they turn 18? What happens if the child gets a GED? What happens if we can’t pay for it—well she isn’t too worried about that because the first payout would be in 2026–well after she is gone from office. I think Hillary is short-changing herself here–after all she has always believed that the Government should take care of us like parents so how about this idea expanding on hers:
When every child is born the government can give them the $5K bond and the following other items:
1. A pre-designated funeral plot with a bond to cover expenses
2. Of course, free health care forever
3. A pre-determined spouse so that they child will not have to go through the pain of dating and forming a real relationship.
4. Clothing voucher for a budgeted amount of clothing each year.
5. A grocery store pass that will allow the parents to get free baby food and a graduated amount of free food as the child gets older.
6. A piece of property-owned by the government of course, but saved for his/her use to build a habitat for humanity house on when he/she is older.
7. A set of books on how wonderful the government is and how we don’t have to think for ourselves–books will be on audiotape with a free tape player of course.
8. A chosen career path so that the child will not have to worry about what they want to be when they grow up.
See then we won’t need parents or brains or decision making ability or anything–the government can just take care of us forever and we will all be equal and we will all love each other and we will never have any pain or tears or discomfort or….
Okay, the only drawback is that our tax rate will of course need to increase to 85% of total earnings–which is fine because the government will be giving it all back anyway. This type of system works wonderfully–just ask Russia or China orthe former Poland or the former East Germany or Cuba. Also–since the government will be doing all the thinking for you–your opinion cannot be expressed in any form unless such form is approved by the government–which is only fair if you think about it–which you can’t because your not allowed to.
Maybe I’m being a little extreme–but seriously–either she is completely derranged or she truly wants America to become a Socialist Country–either way it is a scary proposition. Hillary, how about taking the government out of the parenting business and allow people to make their own choices. The government is not the moral compass of the American family–if a set of parents chose to save for their child’s education (if they can) then that is there choice. Senator Clinton: if you want to help the babies of this Country and their parents–cut the government in half and cut our taxes in half at the same time–that would give money and decision making back to those who should be able to decide how to spend it–the ones who actually EARNED it!!!!
-MurphyCurrent Events, Family, Health Care, Life, News, Politics, Thoughts on the World